This is my weekend lunch. It’s what I made while Elliot was laying in a sunny patch on the floor and I was in between episodes of True Blood.
It’s extra lunch-y with a salad on the side. I’m a big fan of putting black beans in my salads, do you guys do that? You probably should.
Oh, and spinach and mushrooms are best friends. It’s just the truth.
So let’s have lunch. I’ll bring the frittata.
Mushroom & Spinach Frittata
Recipe adapted from Health
- 2 t olive oil
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups slice mushrooms
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, divided
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray an 8 inch cake pan or pie tin with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, until they are just tender, 4-6 minutes. Add spinach and cover. Cook for 2-4 minutes or until just wilted.
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs and egg whites until frothy. Add 1/4 cup of mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes and stir until combined. Add spinach mixture being careful not to add liquid from your skillet. Stir together and pour into prepared cake pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of mozzarella and crumbled goat cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is set. Slice into four pieces and serve.