Don’t bother biting these guys in half. Eat them in one bite like sushi!
And then eat at least one more, ok?
These little lemony delights use olive oil instead of butter and are flavored with real fruit! So there you go!
Lemon-Scented Olive Oil Mini Muffins
Recipe from Cooking Light
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- scant 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 T lemon zest
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 T skim milk
- 2 t fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- a pinch of lemon zest
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- strawberries for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray 2 (dozen) mini muffin pans with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center.
- In another bowl whisk together the sour cream, lemon zest, olive oil, milk, lemon juice, egg and egg white until mixed completely. Pour into the well in the dry ingredients stir just until moistened.
- Divide batter 1 teaspoon at at time into the prepared muffin tins (mine made about 23 mini muffins). Bake for 10 minutes or until cakes spring back lightly when touched. Remove from pans and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Make glaze. Whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon zest and drizzle juice until smooth. (You might not need all the juice. Just mix until it’s the consistency you want.) Dunk the tops of each mini muffin into the glaze and set aside until glaze sets. Top each with a strawberry sliver.