These are the french fries of the tea partying world.
The edges are crisp while the center is chewy version of shortbread I had no idea existed! Maybe I under-baked them a smidgen, and maybe I’m so glad I did!
These are dreamy with forest honey, sea salt, and jam. Pretty much three of my faves.
So, I think you should totally make these little fellas for your next lady party. Use your most favorite honey. Package them up like french fries in little paper bags, if you’re feeling ambitious. But mostly, let’s just get our french fry on cookie style.
Forest Honey Shortbread Fries
Recipe adapted from Evil Shenanigans
shortbread fries –
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 T cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces and chilled
- 1 t kosher salt
- 3 T of your favorite honey
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1 T more of your favorite honey
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- strawberry jam, for dunking
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Spray an 8×8 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper and spray again.
- With an electric mixer, beat together the shortbread ingredients on low until combined, well-mixed, and smooth. Press into the prepared baking dish. Prick with a fork all over, being careful not to press the fork all the way to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center of the cookies feel firm when lightly pressed and are golden brown all over. Allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Brush the additional tablespoon of honey over the shortbread and sprinkle with sea salt. Allow to cool in the pan for 30 more minutes. Cut with a sharp knife and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve with jam or more honey for dunking, and a cup of tea if you’re feeling especially ladylike.
Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.
Honey, thanks for being you.