These waffles might be my favorite yet. Despite the fact that the first few waffles got majorly stuck in the waffle iron. They obviously have separation anxiety. Even though I ate the first couple (mangled) waffles burrito-style with some raspberry syrup in the middle. I mean, you just can’t go wrong with summertime berry-livin’.
These taste especially awesome when you have the day off. They are a nice leisurely brunch-y way to get your day going. And it’s totally prime-time for berries. Let’s include berries in every meal, ok?
Raspberry Waffles (Serves 3-4)
Recipe adapted from CDKitchen
- 2 eggs, yolks and whites divided
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup mashed raspberries
- raspberry syrup to serve (recipe below)
- Preheat your waffle maker. Beat egg yolks, buttermilk, milk, flour, baking powder, salt, oil, vanilla, sugar, and mashed raspberries together with an electric mixer. Beat on low until just mixed. Increase speed to high until smooth. In a small bowl beat egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter. Cook according to your Belgian waffle maker’s manufacturer’s instructions. I have this one and so about 2 cups makes all 4 waffles. Pop in a warm oven until all of the waffles are cooked. Serve with raspberry syrup or whatever your heart desires!
Raspberry Vanilla Syrup
- heaping 1/3 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 of a vanilla bean
- Place all of the ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat while crushing the berries with the back of the spoon. Turn off heat and set aside to steep further. Remove vanilla bean and serve with waffles.
YAY! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipes above.
1. Coffee Gelato + Molasses Chocolate Cookie from Hello Ice Cream
2. Vodka + Grapefruit Juice (+ a splash of cranberry juice for color) from Valentine Vodka