These waffles might be my favorite yet. Despite the fact that the first few waffles got majorly stuck in the waffle iron. They obviously have separation anxiety. Even though I ate the first couple (mangled) waffles burrito-style with some raspberry syrup in the middle. I mean, you just can’t go wrong with summertime berry-livin’.
These taste especially awesome when you have the day off. They are a nice leisurely brunch-y way to get your day going. And it’s totally prime-time for berries. Let’s include berries in every meal, ok?
Raspberry Waffles (Serves 3-4)
Recipe adapted from CDKitchen
- 2 eggs, yolks and whites divided
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup mashed raspberries
- raspberry syrup to serve (recipe below)
- Preheat your waffle maker. Beat egg yolks, buttermilk, milk, flour, baking powder, salt, oil, vanilla, sugar, and mashed raspberries together with an electric mixer. Beat on low until just mixed. Increase speed to high until smooth. In a small bowl beat egg whites until stiff and fold into the batter. Cook according to your Belgian waffle maker’s manufacturer’s instructions. I have this one and so about 2 cups makes all 4 waffles. Pop in a warm oven until all of the waffles are cooked. Serve with raspberry syrup or whatever your heart desires!
Raspberry Vanilla Syrup
- heaping 1/3 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 of a vanilla bean
- Place all of the ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat while crushing the berries with the back of the spoon. Turn off heat and set aside to steep further. Remove vanilla bean and serve with waffles.
YAY! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipes above.
1. Coffee Gelato + Molasses Chocolate Cookie from Hello Ice Cream
2. Vodka + Grapefruit Juice (+ a splash of cranberry juice for color) from Valentine Vodka
14 thoughts on “Double Raspberry Waffles”
yess!! such a handsome looking waffle and that ice cream sandwich looks like the things dreams are made of.
Thanks, Billy! And yeah, I had to make homemade ice cream sandwiches this weekend kinda because of that one! #spoileralert
I’m not sure I would be able to keep from draaaanking that syrup. It looks freaking amazing. Waffle chaser?
Yes! Waffle shots.
We need to be neighbors.. These waffles look soooo much better than the granola bar that I’m eating right now.. and Coffee Gelato + Molasses Chocolate Cookie.. I’m thinking milkshake and Kahlua. 🙂
Yeah man! You’ve got serious milkshake remix-ing skills.
Wow, I am sooo hungry looking at these photo’s. pass the syrup!
Tracy! You just need some waffles! <3!!
Waffles are like the perfect comfort food and they pair so well with berries! Mine stuck to the waffle maker the last time I made some, but they still tasted good!
So true! They get extra crispy when stuck, but it’s just such a shame!
omygosh, i want waffles for dinner now..
Waffle dinner is my fave!