I’m a cereal monster. I’m like Jerry Seinfeld. I love it. It probably has a lot to do with my carb-love. Because of this fact, I knew I needed to make this granola! Cindy’s been raving about it to me, and she knows what’s up.
Granola is super-simlple and so tasty! It also looks cute in a jar out on the counter. It has the looks and the personality.
Be sure to to sample this while it’s still warm. Scoop some into a teeny bowl and top with milk.* It’s good for the cereal monster in all of us.
*My mom makes granola all the time! Her and my dad totally filled me in on the sampling this like it’s meant to be sampled.
Coconut Oil Granola
Recipe adapted from Hungry Girl Por Vida
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds
- 2/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup coconut chips
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t cardamom
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cherries or any other dried fruit
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oats, nuts, sunflower seeds, coconut, salt, and spices.
- In a small saucepan melt the coconut oil with the honey, brown sugar, and maple syrup. Add the vanilla extract. Pour over the oats and stir until evenly coated.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheets making an even layer. Bake for 15 minutes. Stir and continue to bake at 10 minute intervals until uniformly golden.
- Allow to cool completely on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with dried cherries. Break up and store in an airtight container. Eat over yogurt, with milk, or just by the handful.
YAY! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.
Granola in a gingham jar outfit.