I scurry. I’m a scurrier.
When it’s cold out, and my hair is blowing everywhere, and my bangs are in my face, I can’t casually stroll. I have to hurry and scurry. I’m sorry if I’ve hurried past you awkwardly heading into Target or the grocery store.
It’s not that I’m in a hurry. It’s that I’m cold. You see, this year I’m not in a hurry at all regarding Christmas. I’ve been slowly making cookies and feeling behind since this month started. But these crunchy-dreamy cookies take minimal effort and make me feel like I can stroll up to Christmas and high-five it.
Oh! These totally taste like the marshmallows in Count Chocula. If that’s not enough convince you to make these then I don’t even know.
Cocoa Meringue Kisses
Recipe adapted from a text from my mom
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 t cream of tarter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 T cocoa powder
- Preheat your oven to 250°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Beat the egg whites, cream of tartar, and powdered sugar together until stiff and glossy. Add vanilla and cocoa powder and mix until combined.
- Transfer to a piping bag and pipe kisses onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until dry to the touch. Don’t let them brown! Allow to cool completely on the baking sheets before transferring to an airtight container. Don’t freeze these.