It was Tostada Tuesday. Solely because I made tostadas and it was totally Tuesday.
One good thing about this recipe, besides the fact that it’s easy and delicious, is that it can easily be adjusted to serve a big group of people or just two. If you are a vegetarian feel free to use black beans instead of the chicken.
You won’t even believe it, but this was adapted from a Weight Watchers recipe.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 4- 8 inch flour tortillas
- 1/2t salt
- Dash of pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 2T of finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2T of low fat sour cream
- 4 cups of thinly sliced baby spinach
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- Some shredded cheese for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine chicken and lime juice into a zip lock bag and marinate in fridge for 30 minutes or so.
3. Place torillas on baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 4 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Set aside.
4. Take chicken from bag, toss lime juice out.Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and put in a sprayed skillet and cook over mediun heat til done.. 4 minutes or so..add salsa and sour cream. Heat through.. but do not boil.
5. Divide chicken mixture evenly among tortillas, top with spinach, tomatoes and cheese.