I wouldn’t choose White Chocolate as my my rapper name.
I mean, white chocolate’s ok. I like it on things like pretzels or in a pumpkin cookie, but I’d never just say, “Toss me that white chocolate bunny, I want to eat its ears.”
It just wouldn’t happen.
But these guys make me totally appreciate white chocolate in a new way. Because, you see, these are pretty much white chocolate brownies with milk/dark chocolate chips. It ends up tasting like a complex chocolate chip cookie cookie, like a bite of heaven, like delicious.
I chose to cut them up into little bites for easy snacking. Don’t even bother thinking I’d judge you for cutting it into large squares. I’d high five you, and just be super happy that you have these dudes in your life.
Black & White Brownies
Recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour
- 1 cup (6 0z) good quality white chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup (4 T) butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 t vanilla
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 cup (6 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips*
* I used half semi-sweet, half milk.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9″ square pan and line with a rectangle of parchment paper so that it lines the bottom and overlaps two opposite edges. Grease parchment paper.
- Place the white chocolate, butter, and sugar in a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water, until the chocolate softens, but doesn’t melt completely. Once the butter is melted remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until white chocolate is melted. When the mixture is lukewarm. Beat in the eggs.
- Mix the flour and baking powder into the wet ingredients. Stir in 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips and spoon the batter into the prepared pan, sprinkling with the remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes (depending on if you maybe used an 8″ pan instead like me), until they’re light golden and the edges are pulling away from the sides of the pan. Cool completely before cutting. Lift out of the pan using the parchment paper and place on a cutting board. Cut into bites!
TIP: I used the fancy white chocolate with extra cocoa butter from Trader Joe’s. (As seen HERE on Baking Bites.)
Here’s an especially chippy little dude.
10 thoughts on “Black & White Brownies”
oh my oh my, I cannot wait to make this guys. I think I have homework tonight!
my rapper name is Cinderkon…like Akon, my brother dubbed me that. Hugs for thugs.
I am only “ehh” about white chocolate too, but…these look like delicious for sure. i go for the quality stuff too, it makes a difference.
Rebecca – I hope you love them!
Cindy – I totally dig your rapper name. <3 And I'm glad white chocolate is another thing we see eye-to-eye on.
I LOVE white chocolate and will most defiantly be making these tasty looking morsels! PS – Thanks for the tip about the TJ’s white chocolate…I honestly wouldn’t have even thought to look for baking chocolate there!
whoa… those look amazing.
WOW! these were SOO good, like pure cookie dough magic. to die for
Just as I was sitting here wondering what kind of dessert I should make today for my parents, I read this incredibly funny and super yummy post. Yesssssss!
Just a follow up. I made them last night, and they rocked! Thanks for making me look good!
Awesome, Rebecca! Thanks for telling me how they worked out for you. <3