I think hibiscus tastes like crunch berries. And I recently found some hibiscus powder! I’ve been wanting to add it to everything! Hibiscuits and pancakes and scones and cookies. So there will probably more purple food coming up. That’s all.
So let’s eat magic pancakes, then go to the farmers market, and then make snow cones. SaturYAY!
Strawberry Hibiscus Pancakes
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker
- 1 flax egg (1 T ground flax seeds + 2 T water)
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour (or all-purpose)
- 2 T hibiscus powder
- 3 T freeze-dried strawberries, crumbled
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 T cane sugar
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- berries and maple syrup for serving
- Place a baking sheet in the oven, and heat the oven to 200°F. In a medium bowl, whisk all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Heat skillet over medium heat until a few drops of water sizzle. Spray skillet with cooking spray as you need it.
- For each pancake pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto the hot skillet and cook until bubbly on top and puffed and dry around the edges. Flip and cook until the other side is golden brown. Place the pancakes in the oven to keep warm until all done. Serve warm with berries and maple syrup.
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.