Ok guys, let’s listen to this song and live our lives! I hope you all have had the best Valentine’s Day! Mine’s been weird-ish this year, but don’t worry, to me Sunday is the big day. I bought a new coral dress and will wear heart tights and plan on making a million mini foods and over-serving mimosas to my favorites.
In the meantime, I totally made these twice last weekend. Once for my friend’s baby shower and once so I could photograph them for you guys! I brought them to work this week and they were a hit! So feel free to bake them up and pop them in a chocolate box and give them to a hottie, or to anyone except your dog since they’re chocolate and all. Hope you all feel loved today!
Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosted Brownie Bites
Recipe from here and Southern Food
- 1/2 cup (1 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar (I used a mixture of light + dark)
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 cups flour
- 1/4 t kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 T butter, softened
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1 3/4 – 2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325°F. Butter or spray with cooking spray, the bottom of a 9 inch square baking dish; cut a piece of parchment paper to line the bottom of the pan so that it overlaps two sides. (You’ll be able to lift out the brownies with the parchment paper later on.) Press into the greased surface.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl combine the butter, brown sugar, and chocolate. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. If the chocolate is not softened continue to microwave at 20-second intervals, removing before completely melted, stirring until smooth.
- Beat eggs and vanilla into the melted chocolate with a wooden spoon. Beat in the flour and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks. Pour batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean, 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan and lift out with the parchment paper. Allow to cool completely. Cut into small squares.
- Make frosting by beating together the cream cheese, butter, caramel, vanilla and a cup of powdered sugar. Add more and beat longer until it is thick enough to pipe. Pipe onto the brownie bites. Sprinkle with sea salt. Enjoy!
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.
It’s true! P.S. My annual Valentine’s Brunch is Sunday. Follow along on Instagram for sneak peeks.
22 thoughts on “Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosted Brownie Bites”
Well aren’t these the cutest!!! Love that caramel cream cheese!
Thanks, Katrina! This frosting has my heart!
few things say love like chocolate and salted caramel! I will definitely be sneaking peaks at your brunch and feeling sad for missing out this year! No mostly-champagne mimosas for me, sigh.
I missed you so much this year!
Sounds like a good Sunday you have planned! I love anything involving salted caramel, especially when they are cute bite-sized desserts.
Yeah! Minis forever!
I want to work with you so I can have these all the time the end.
I wish you did! It’d be the most fun.
This is love in the best form!! Chocolate and salted caramel! Perfection!
Have fun Sunday!
Um, I guess my brunch invitation got lost in the mail? Ahhhk-ward! I’ll still follow along on IG, though, because being a food voyeur is the next best thing to being there in person. Adorable brownie bites!
Awww, baby brownies! That’s a top notch frosting to brownie ratio you’ve got going on there.
I love small, bite-sized desserts! These look perfect. I just love brownies with caramel.
Ready and waiting to stalk instagram, yo!
I sure love brownies, but all I really need here is a bowl of that frosting and a spoon…salted caramel is the most glorious food ever. Hope your V-Day brunch was awesome!
Yes! And thanks!
Omg, the salted caramel frosting is totally calling my name!! I want all of these!