It’s just not right to turn on the oven when it’s 90° out, and therefore 90° in my flat.
I pushed through two oven-heating sides for our BBQ feast Monday; there was no way I was going to be able to make/eat the warm peach goodness I had in mind.
But don’t worry, you guys! This is chilly granita tastes just like peach pie! You should probably make this next time you’re craving pie or cobbler. It’s just right for when you’re craving a roasty-toasty dessert when you yourself are the toastiest of all.
Peach Pie Granita
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart; inspired by Joy the Baker
- scant 2 cups peaches, peeled, halved, pitted and chopped (10 oz)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 T cup sugar + more if needed
- 1 1/2 t lemon juice
- 1/8 t cinnamon + more to taste
- sprinkle of ginger
- sprinkle of nutmeg
- 3 drops of almond extract*
- pinch kosher salt or sea salt
- whipped cream
* Dip the end of a spoon in the bottle and drip-drop it in the blender.
- Puree peaches, water, sugar, lemon juice, spices, almond extract, and salt in a blender; adding more sugar to taste. Press through a fine mesh strainer and transfer to an 8-inch square baking dish. Freeze for 2 1/2 hours, scraping with a fork every hour (mixture should be icy and fluffy).
- Serve immediately topped with whipped cream.
A slushy bite that tastes like peach pie?! Shut the front door.
8 thoughts on “Peach Pie Granita”
I bet it tastes delicious… I can’t wait to try it!
Thanks for sharing 🙂
(lovely blog, btw!)
Thanks Agnese! <3
I just ordered a bunch of peaches from Fresh Direct, so I will have plenty to use for this! Thankfully the heat has backed off for a bit, but I know it’s lingering around the corner!
Awesome! I should start ordering fruit, that sounds fun!
Ah! The beginning of this week was far too hot for any actual peach pie baking.
my oven is also off for the next week (my landlord is awesome and installing AC on thurdsday). this granita is genius and perfect for people like me, who are mostly to lazy to actually make/bake a pie….plus, I heart peaches!
We just have a window unit! It’s a toasty one up here.
And yeah man, this sounds just right for you!
I’m going on year 5 with no AC and this is the perfect summer dessert! This may be the year we have to break down and get a unit, though, with a 90 degree Memorial Day! Michigan, who?
Oh man. I stalk the weather like crazy in the summer. I’m so scared when it gets to 90!