Here are some random facts: the other night I dropped some zucchini while couch dinner-ing and never found it. I’m ok with nachos burning my tongue if they’re good enough. Rosé motivates me to clean, so my apartment is REALLY clean right now. And two dudes at work took one bite of these and threw them in the trash because they evidently don’t like matcha? I obvz unfriended them on all forms of social media immediately. (JK JK JK JK)
Anyhow, my bffffffffs liked these a ton! I even brought them out for drinks with me even though the door said “no outside food”, but THIS outside food is allowed, I think. I should’ve brought more since they were wasted on work peeps! Ah well, they’re dreamy I’d say.
Matcha Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 T butter10 oz. marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 3 T matcha green tea powder
- 1 vanilla bean
- white chocolate
- In a large pot melt the butter. Add marshmallows and stir over medium heat until melted. Add matcha and vanilla bean, mix until combined. Add cereal and stir until coated. Transfer to a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Pat until even. Set aside at room temp for an hour then slice.
- Melt white chocolate! Dunk slices of rice krispie treats in and sprinkle with sprinkles.
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.
7 thoughts on “Matcha Rice Krispie Treats”
im all for green tea/matcha flavored things so i have a big crush on this. love the festive color going here too 🙂
I’ve been hearing about matcha everywhere lately, but I still have yet to try it! I am obsessed with green tea, so I’m sure I’ll soon be obsessed with matcha. These krispie treats look so fun! 🙂
Dani | http://www.styledvariety.com
I’m so into this.
Love this! And way to be honest about the dudes throwing them in the trash, ha!
I think they look super duper dreamy. Boys drool, anyways;)
Who would possibly throw these beauties in the trash?!!! I’d have one of these with a cocktail anytime.