These cookies are too happy to feel sad, or at least they’ll distract you for a minute if you are sad. I think that you need them in your life because when rainbow sprinkles are involved, life is good
And you only need 3 ingredients for the cookies themselves. They are low maintenance cookies for sure. These guys would never make you bring the car up to the door to pick them up. They’re just chill like that.
Devil’s Food Sandwich Cookies
Recipe adapted from The Crepes of Wrath
- 1 box of cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of butter room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix together the cake mix, butter, and egg until just combined.
- Place 1 inch size balls of dough on parchment paper covered cookie sheets. Pat down the dough so it’s slightly flattened.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until no longer glossy. If making smaller cookies bake for 6-7 minutes. I made 2 different sizes.
- Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheets and then make the frosting.
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup of butter at room temperature
- 1 t vanilla
- 2-3 T milk
- SPRINKLES of your choice
- Mix butter and powdered sugar until combined. Add vanilla and milk 1 Tablespoon at a time until a thick consistency.
- Frost the flat side of a cookie with a generous amount of frosting matching it with another cookie and moving it around a little bit until the frosting is at all edges. Roll through sprinkles and you’re done!
Keep in mind that you can use any kind of cake mix. You can switch up the frosting flavors as well. Also any type of sprinkles will work or chocolate shavings or anything your little heart desires.
2 thoughts on “Devil’s Food Sandwich Cookies”
Can you bring me some over? I could use a delicious distraction 🙂
I want to like the buttercream spoon<3