I scurry. I’m a scurrier.
When it’s cold out, and my hair is blowing everywhere, and my bangs are in my face, I can’t casually stroll. I have to hurry and scurry. I’m sorry if I’ve hurried past you awkwardly heading into Target or the grocery store.
It’s not that I’m in a hurry. It’s that I’m cold. You see, this year I’m not in a hurry at all regarding Christmas. I’ve been slowly making cookies and feeling behind since this month started. But these crunchy-dreamy cookies take minimal effort and make me feel like I can stroll up to Christmas and high-five it.
Oh! These totally taste like the marshmallows in Count Chocula. If that’s not enough convince you to make these then I don’t even know.
Cocoa Meringue Kisses
Recipe adapted from a text from my mom
- 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 t cream of tarter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 T cocoa powder
- Preheat your oven to 250°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- Beat the egg whites, cream of tartar, and powdered sugar together until stiff and glossy. Add vanilla and cocoa powder and mix until combined.
- Transfer to a piping bag and pipe kisses onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 45-60 minutes or until dry to the touch. Don’t let them brown! Allow to cool completely on the baking sheets before transferring to an airtight container. Don’t freeze these.
14 thoughts on “Cocoa Meringue Kisses”
I <3 meringues… so easy and yummy. AND low cal
Yeah Carrie! And it’s pretty. How fun!
I totally scurry as well. Have you seen Brave Tart’s recipe for crispy cereal marshmallows? I want to make them so much. http://bravetart.com/recipes/CrispyCerealMarshmallowsGF
Oh that’s awesome! Thanks for showing me Rebecca.
I think I should become text friends with your mom if she’s giving out recipes 🙂 These kisses look extra pretty in your holiday packaging!
Pretty!!!! AND your Dads fav!!
I tried this recipe and it came out all liquidy and poured out of the piping bag. What did I do wrong? It looks so perfect when you do it!
Oh no, Karen! My only guess is that maybe the egg whites needed to be beaten longer. I’m sorry it was liquidy!
Meringues can be a little tricky, but they just require patience 🙂 Just beat the heck out of those egg whites, and they are yummmmy! I think I might make these tomorrow!
No worries. I’m pretty sure it was the Universe giving me a clear sign that I’ve eaten more than enough sweets this month 🙂
I scurry too. Being cold is awful.