Things that make me happy: Elliot, brunch, NAPS, metallic shoes, pink Christmas trees, silver Christmas trees, mini Christmas trees and boozy milkshakes.
So when Maker’s Mark contacted me and was all “Hey girl, want to make an eggnog cocktail with fancy bourbon?!” I responded with a super profesh-ish, “Hell yeah.” Or something like that.
When I think of eggnog, I think of it kinda as drinking an ice cream base. Which is weird of me, but maybe strangely accurate? So, to me, the natural progression was to spike a milkshake and drink it before 3pm when the light was right. And so I did, and it just know that I love it. It’s delish! Spiced af and glorious. (Whoa.)
Annnnyway! This recipe is in a contest! So vote for it if you think it deserves yo love! It’ll be up on Maker’s Mark Instagram just dying for you to like and comment. So do it up! Thanks so much! I love you as much as I love this milkshake!
Boozy Eggnog Milkshake (serves 1)
Recipe for the #GetCozyCocktail contest
- 3 scoops Eggnog-esque ice cream (recipe below)
- 1.5 oz. Maker’s 46 Bourbon (or more if you want!)
- 1/4 cup eggnog or whole milk
- whipped cream, to top
- cinnamon and nutmeg sprankles
- Blend! Top with whipped cream and spices. Chug it or share with a friend!
Eggnog-esque Ice Cream (makes a hefty pint)
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 T + 1 t cornstarch
- 1 1/2 oz (3 T) cream cheese or goat cheese, softened
- 1/4 t fine sea salt
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar sugar
- 2 T light corn syrup
- 1 heaping t freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean
- Mix about 2 T of the whole milk with the cornstarch in a small bowl to make a smooth slurry. In a large bowl whisk the cream cheese (or goat cheese) and salt together until smooth.
- Combine the remaining milk, cream, brown sugar, spices, vanilla bean (scraped + pod) and corn syrup in a 4-quart saucepan. Bring to a rolling boil over medium-high heat, and boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and gradually whisk in the cornstarch slurry. Bring the mixture back to a boil for one minute, or until thickened slightly.
- Pour over the cream cheese mixture and whisk until smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to steep in the fridge for 4-12 hours.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh strainer. Dispose of vanilla bean pod. Churn according to your ice cream maker’s manufacturer’s instructions.
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.
Full Disclosure: Maker’s Mark gave me a #GetCozy care package full of booze, lil mugs and even ear muffs for the booze in exchange for getting cozy with it cocktail style. Thanks for supporting the brands that help make this blog possible! Because you see, I really love this drink! And I’d make you one if you came over.
5 thoughts on “Boozy Eggnog Milkshake w/ Maker’s 46”
Holy smokes!! Such a fancy looking shake girl! I am dead in love. For reals.
Is there a specific date when I can give this dreamy milkshake all my votes??
This looks damn delicious! I’ve never been a fan of rum and eggnog. I think bourbon would be yummy and I am excited to try this shake!
I need to surround myself with little itty bitty trees.
I want this in my life!