Let’s drink hot chocolate together, ok? Let’s drink it while looking out the window at my car that’s stuck in a snow pile.
Let’s drink it while watching Jake make BLTs for lunch. And let’s sip it while Elliot snores under his penguin blanket.
Let’s drink it while sweeping the floor clean of sprinkles, and between loads of laundry, and while listening to The Clash.
Mostly, let’s just drink hot chocolate on a snow day in a heart cup, ok?
P.S. This is the tasty beverage that I made for work, remember?
Belgian Hot Chocolate for Two
Recipe adapted from The Great Book of Chocolate via David Lebovitz
- 2 cups whole milk, or low fat milk if you want (I used skim!)
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 oz. milk chocolate, finely chopped
- tiny pinch of salt
- 1/4 t ground cinnamon
for topping –
- whipped cream + mini chocolate chips or marshmallows
- Warm about one third of the milk with the chopped chocolate and salt, stirring until the chocolate is melted.
- Whisk in the remaining milk and heat until warmed through. Add cinnamon. Whisk while heating until smooth.
- Serve very warm with whipped cream or marshmallows. Store extra in a jar in the fridge. Reheat as needed.
I love these heart cups. I just want to leave them out all the time as decoration.
16 thoughts on “Belgian Hot Chocolate for Two”
This sounds delicious!! and those cups are cute! where did you get them?
Thanks, Kara! I got the cups at Party City. Can you believe it?
I ‘heart’ this!! And I love the cups too.. pretty things make almost anything taste delish!
<3! You're so right, Mum.
Thanks for making this for 2 people! Kramer wants me to make marshmallows and I needed a good hot chocolate recipe to pair them with!
Anytime! 🙂 I bet you’ll love it!
Party City? Really? Thats super awesome!
I know! These cups were hidden treasures there. 🙂
<3 hot chocolate, especially on cold days! 🙂
Me too, Kang Li! I think I need to make more already. It’s SO cold here in Michigan.
It warmed up for a couple of days, and now it’s in the 30 belows again. I think I need some hot chocolate…
Isn’t it amazing how a pinch of salt can bring out the best in chocolate? I just love when hot chocolate recipes call for salt!
Thanks Holly <3
YES! It’s time for cocoa. And I’ll just be borrowing those heart cups. Please. 🙂
I totally still have some of those cups left! I’m crossing my fingers hoping I’ll find some more this year. 🙂