My mom brought me this tray at Christmas and I think it might be my new favorite. It looks like a dreamy Valentine! And it makes these muffins feel really good about themselves too. I can tell they’re super confident in their red outfits, with their powdered sugar sprinkles. And these are so much more than just a brown muffin. They’ve got style, they’ve got class, they’ve got beer. And they’re tasty!
I put some honey in these because bananas and honey are a match made in heaven. And this Well’s Banana Bread Beer tastes JUST like banana bread. Should it be served in a crumb-rimmed glass? Maybe, but mostly it’s truly miraculous. So give these muffins a shot! Or a pint!
Banana Bread Beer Muffins (makes about 21+)
Recipe adapted from The Toasted Sprinkle
- 1 cup banana bread beer
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 t baking soda
- 3/4 t kosher salt
- 1 t cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 T honey
- 3 mashed bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla
- powdered sugar, to serve
- Simmer the beer and butter in a saucepan over medium heat until butter melts. Pour into a bowl and set in the fridge to cool a bit while mixing up the other ingredients. Meanwhile preheat your oven to 350F and line a 24 cup muffin tin with paper liners. (This will make just shy of 24.)
- Whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer beat together the bananas, brown sugar, and honey until just combined. Mix in the egg and vanilla.
- With your mixer on low, or while stirring, add your flour alternately with the beer mixture, beginning and ending with the flour. Mix until completely combined, but don’t overmix.
- Pour into lined muffin tins and bake for 15-20 minutes, or when a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool in the tins for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!
Yay! Click HERE for a printable pdf of the recipe above.
I’m in total Valentine’s mode already, just like that tray up there!
17 thoughts on “Banana Bread Beer Muffins”
these muffins, that tray, those stamps…a dream!
<3!! Did you get your invite yet?!
i remember baking with that banana beer before – yours is a LOT prettier: http://theactorsdiet.com/2012/04/25/b-x-5/
oh man, I want that bread!
I NEED TO GET MY HANDS ON THIS BANANA BREAD BEER AND THEN GET MY HANDS ON THESE MUFFINS.
I’m not typically a beer drinker but banana bread beer sounds amazing! I love being inspired by specialty items and turning them into a fun treat.
Yeah! Beer for breakfast!
so cuteeeee! how/where’d you get those stamps???!
Can you believe I got those stamps from the kiosk in my post office!? It’s a valentine miracle.
I’m dying to make these, but haven’t a clue where to get the Banana Bread Beer! Is it a specialty beer/wine store kind of product?
Love your blog!
Oh! I found it at a specialty beer store. I hope you can find it! It tastes exactly like banana bread. It’s truly a miracle.
Hi Megan, I can’t believe I just noticed you adapted my recipe for your blog! Thanks so much for visiting, I’m truly honored. I love your blog and photography and have been truly inspired but what you produce. Hope you visit again soon!
these look amazing! question though: how do you think this would be with just a plain brown ale in place of the banana bread beer?
Do you think the cook time would be about the same if I made this in small mason jars as gifts?